There’s a free webinar this afternoon offering tips for proposal writing for the Sloan C Emerging Technologies for Online Learning ( Proposal Tips Webinar, Nov 29 3 pm EST ). As a track chair I was asked to think of tips for writing proposals the open, accessible and affordable track.
Here’s the five I came up with:
- Note the planned balance between accessible, affordable, and open and reflect on how and why or why not each intersects with your topic.
- Note the encouraged perspective of how these issues impact on the learner’s experience.
- Ground your presentation in the specifics of experience, data, or underpinning theory.
- Alongside presenting any successful practice, remember to reflect on and share any difficulties and failure that you have experienced or observed.
- Open, accessible, and affordable are topics that often provoke strong responses and sweeping statements. Being thought-provoking, inspiring, and challenging is good, but should be directly related to evidence, invite discussion, and suggest or report on real application.
What would you add or change?